Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine?
- 1st and 2nd doses – for everyone aged 5 and above.
- children and young people who are aged 5 to 17 year olds are offered a 2nd dose at 12 weeks from 1st vaccine
- children and young people who are at high risk from COVID-19 are offered a 2nd dose at 8 weeks
- adults aged 18 and over are offered a 2nd dose at 8 weeks from 1st vaccine
- Booster vaccines – for everyone aged 16 and above, and young people aged 12 to 15 who are at high risk of COVID-19.
- You can have it at 3 months from your 2nd vaccine.
- However, if you are eligible you can now pre-book a booster dose from 2 months (61 days) after their 2nd dose.
- Spring booster – for everyone aged 75 and over, residents in care homes for older adults, and individuals aged 12 years and over who have a weakened immune system.
- People are advised to wait 6 months since their previous dose to get maximum protection from a spring booster.
It is important that everyone comes forward when they are eligible
Recommendations for under 18s
Download Recommendations for under 18s pdf