Your health, your care, in the palm of your hand
Using the NHS Login to access My Health and Care Record
Across Sussex the NHS are encouraging everyone to sign up for the NHS App – a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on a smartphone, tablet or PC. You will soon be able to access My Health and Care Record through the NHS App, an online record that is owned by you.
You can use the NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus– get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions– see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments– search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice– search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your medical record– securely access your GP medical record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines
- register your organ donation decision– choose to donate some or all your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data– choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
Keeping your data secure
After you download the NHS App, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
If your device supports fingerprint detection or facial recognition, you can use it to log in to the NHS App each time instead of using a password and security code.
Get help with the NHS App
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page.
Access to My Health and Care Record
You will be able to access My Health and Care Record, a platform powered by Patients Know Best, using NHS login and also by clicking on the login button on the side of this page.
My Health and Care Record allows you to:
- Add and organise your health information
- Add important information about your past medical history or any old clinical documentation so it’s in one place, when you need it.
- Upload old reports, care plans or test results and store them securely online, rather than carry around any old bits of paper or files.
- Track your health
- Keep a journal, monitor your symptoms and add measurements.
- Understand what’s normal for you. Then, if something isn’t quite right, you know when to contact your health and care team.
- Connect wearable devices – Connect data from over 100 wearable devices such as Fitbits or glucometers.
- Share this data with healthcare teams from the comfort of your own home in real-time.
As a patient at one of our live practices or hospitals, you can now register for the NHS App and start using your record through a smartphone or tablet (Apple or Android), or use the web version on your PC.
You may already have access to your GP record via patient online access: this will be unaffected and can also be accessed through the NHS App. However, it will not contain the additional information that My Health and Care Record will be able to receive from other health and care organisations.
In addition, you will also be able to:
- get 24-hour access to your record from anywhere
- waste less time trying to get through on the phone
- have more control over when you book appointments
- cancel appointments more easily if you need to
- order their repeat prescriptions easily
- you have access to information about your medications, conditions and treatments wherever you are
Please remember this is not the NHS COVID19 app.